The Warriors Club Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to our warriors club website, thanks for stopping by!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesI Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. Wcwi10RegisterLog in

I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.

Go down 
+14
ӝ ✄ Scissorleaf ✄ ӝ
Blossomberry
Echostar
Cheetahstar
Potatofrost
Meadoweh
Goldy
Pebblestream
Fawnwillow
Froststar
Ashcloud
Rootstar
Phoenixflame
Zelda Hyrule
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Zelda Hyrule
StarClan
Zelda Hyrule

I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. Empty
PostSubject: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 10:09 pm

Allow me to clarify: I know people have problems and can sometimes take drastic measures and make hasty decisions when they are feeling overwhelmed by them. So, it got me to thinking about how we as a club are always together and have each strongly bonded with each other. I trust all of you, and I hope that you in turn trust me.
But here is the core of this thread - if someone is having a problem, be it emotional issues, real life situations, physical problems such as illness, then they can post it here and vent about it. Don't be afraid to do that, it's best to let everything out rather than bottle it up.

So, I will begin.

I've been having relapses and memories of a bad experience I had about two or three years ago, and it's making me kind of depressed and bitter sometimes. On top of that, it's been lightning everyday here due to the constantly changing weather where I live, so that has me frightened and crying every night and also deprives me of sleep.
I just need to know that someone cares about this. My mother understands my lightning fear, but my biological and very morally wrong father always made fun of me for being afraid of it... To the point of locking me outside while young during a storm, thus resulting in my getting struck.

Before you ask, my biological father is no longer a part of my life. I have no contact with him by choice.
Hate to make a depressing thread, but I feel a support thread is necessary sometimes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/
Phoenixflame
Warrior
Phoenixflame

Location : According to the site's IP map, the side of the road.

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:55 am

Oh my goodness.
That's terrible, Zellie! D:
Maybe during the storms, you could wear earplugs/listen to music while closing the blinds?
I have a feeling that you've already tried that one.
Back to top Go down
Rootstar
StarClan
Rootstar

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:09 pm

Another thing you could possibly do during a storm or when you're feeling depressed is that you could call a very good friend of yours and talk it over with them. A real friend will help you get through your fears and depression. That's why they say, "That's what friends are for."
Back to top Go down
Zelda Hyrule
StarClan
Zelda Hyrule

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:04 pm

Both of you.
Can I love you for suggesting these things to me?
I've tried a lot of remedies, and they work for a little while, but then it doesn't help too much. But now I feel a bit better to know that you guys care about me and don't think I'm stupid/immature/etc. for my fear.

Remember, this is a support thread for everyone. If anybody ever has a problem, they can post it here.
Back to top Go down
Ashcloud
Senior Warrior
Ashcloud

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 3:10 pm

Get an MP3 player, or iPod or something, get some songs, and a speaker. THEN BLARE YOUR MUSIC, BABY.

Also, remember God is alwaysalwaysalways there for you. You can talk to Him WHENEVER.

I hope you feel better soon, Guadolupe. I'll be praying for you. <3
Back to top Go down
Froststar
Leader
Froststar

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 7:21 pm

Oh, Zellie. :'(
I suggest doing the above things. If you have a pet (idk if you do or not :: )) then you could go in your room and close all the blinds and cuddle them. Rolling Eyes
I KNOW BAD IDEA BUT WHATEVER

I feel really p***ed off right now, especially since i saw some of the posts that SOMEONE posted on this forum like fiftybazillion times.... -_- (not any of my bffs, however ;3)
Back to top Go down
Zelda Hyrule
StarClan
Zelda Hyrule

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 7:39 pm

It's okay to vent, but let's not start things. Let's keep it anonymous, which you did anyway. ;3

Thanks you guys. I love you all, but this isn't just about me, it's a thread for everyone. :D
Back to top Go down
Fawnwillow
Deputy
Fawnwillow

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 8:11 pm

Zelda Hyrule wrote:
Allow me to clarify: I know people have problems and can sometimes take drastic measures and make hasty decisions when they are feeling overwhelmed by them. So, it got me to thinking about how we as a club are always together and have each strongly bonded with each other. I trust all of you, and I hope that you in turn trust me.
But here is the core of this thread - if someone is having a problem, be it emotional issues, real life situations, physical problems such as illness, then they can post it here and vent about it. Don't be afraid to do that, it's best to let everything out rather than bottle it up.

So, I will begin.

I've been having relapses and memories of a bad experience I had about two or three years ago, and it's making me kind of depressed and bitter sometimes. On top of that, it's been lightning everyday here due to the constantly changing weather where I live, so that has me frightened and crying every night and also deprives me of sleep.
I just need to know that someone cares about this. My mother understands my lightning fear, but my biological and very morally wrong father always made fun of me for being afraid of it... To the point of locking me outside while young during a storm, thus resulting in my getting struck.

Before you ask, my biological father is no longer a part of my life. I have no contact with him by choice.
Hate to make a depressing thread, but I feel a support thread is necessary sometimes.

When you have relapses, I suggest calling your mom or a good friend. Or get on here and chat with us! Do something that is warm and comforting to you as well, such as a favorite movie or blanket or something...

Don't feel silly for being afraid of lightning, every time I go the the bathroom, I have to check behind the shower curtain just in case... When it storms, just tell yourself, over and over, "Lightning won't hurt me in here."

You got struck by lightning or your dad threatened to lock you out?
Back to top Go down
Froststar
Leader
Froststar

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 8:11 pm

Ya, I was just really angry. -_-
But I just did Just Dance so I feel semi-better now ^_^
Back to top Go down
Zelda Hyrule
StarClan
Zelda Hyrule

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 8:19 pm

@Fawnpaw - No, he thought I was stupidly afraid of lightning and locked me out to try and prove I wouldn't get hurt. Look how well that turned out. -_-

@Frosty - :3

EDIT: Guys, it's lightning right now. A lot. So I'm trying everything you guys suggested. I'm listening to music and repeating that "lightning won't get me in here" while playing Pokemon. Hopefully this works...
Back to top Go down
Pebblestream
Deputy
Pebblestream

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 8:23 pm

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

^My favorite Bible verse(:
Back to top Go down
http://www.teddithehamster.webs.com
Fawnwillow
Deputy
Fawnwillow

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 8:33 pm

Pebblestream wrote:
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

^My favorite Bible verse(:
OOHHHH, my favorite, too!!!
"...guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." is my favorite part.
Back to top Go down
Zelda Hyrule
StarClan
Zelda Hyrule

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 8:40 pm

@Pebbly - Thanks, reading that made me feel better.

OMGLIGHTNINGJUSTSTRUCKRIGHTOUTSIDEMYWINDOW
NOPENOPENOPE
Back to top Go down
Fawnwillow
Deputy
Fawnwillow

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 8:41 pm

IGNORE THE LIGHTNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pebblestream
Deputy
Pebblestream

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 8:41 pm

We're here for you, gurleh!
Back to top Go down
http://www.teddithehamster.webs.com
Zelda Hyrule
StarClan
Zelda Hyrule

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:33 am

<3
Back to top Go down
Goldy
Senior Warrior
Goldy

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:05 am

Zellie, don't feel like your fears are ridiculous! My sister is scared of automatic flush toilets, and those things aren't quite as destructive as lightning. Everyone gave excellent suggestions, just try using those. Get a kitten! Kittens are epic, and they would love you and cuddle with you forever. x3
Just remember that we all love you!
Back to top Go down
Meadoweh
Senior Warrior
Meadoweh

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 4:57 pm

YAY I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE.

I also used to be scared of escalators. My dad fell down one once when I was 6 and hurt his arm. It freaked me out and for the longest time I could not get on those things. Proud to say that I've overcome that fear though.
Back to top Go down
Froststar
Leader
Froststar

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 5:24 pm

Omg, I was the same exact way, scared of escalators, Meadowstorm. o.o
Back to top Go down
Zelda Hyrule
StarClan
Zelda Hyrule

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 5:30 pm

Glad to hear you've overcome your fear, Meadowstorm! I have a feeling this support thread is going to be helpful for us. :3

You good, Frosty?
Back to top Go down
Fawnwillow
Deputy
Fawnwillow

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 2:56 pm

I'm very afraid of throwing up. Stomach viruses are like my fear and sometimes I'll stay up all night afraid I'll get one. >.<
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 3:42 pm

Fawnpaw wrote:
I'm very afraid of throwing up. Stomach viruses are like my fear and sometimes I'll stay up all night afraid I'll get one. >.<
Same. It's emetophobia. It's horrid, isn't it?
I can't stand to see someone throw up, either. Asdfghjkl; >.<
Back to top Go down
Zelda Hyrule
StarClan
Zelda Hyrule

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 3:44 pm

Aw, I hate throwing up too. It'e one of the very few things that can make me throw up just by seeing and/or hearing it happen, but I'm not afraid of it.

Maybe disinfecting things you touch a lot would help ease your nerves?
Back to top Go down
Froststar
Leader
Froststar

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 3:47 pm

Yup, vie overcome that fear. :3
But, some things I'm afraid of are ...

The dark
Being attacked/robbed in th night
Apple cutters (my dad got a bad cut from one of those >.<)
Back to top Go down
Zelda Hyrule
StarClan
Zelda Hyrule

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 3:53 pm

I'm afraid of a few things, I'll list them in order from greatest to least intensity.

1. Lightning, and depending on how loud it is, as well as thunder.
2. Being in an area where there's a lot of potential places for someone to hide. [specific fear, yes, but it's kind of a graphic reason that I don't want to talk about right now.]
3. As stupid as it sounds, I'm afraid of being hated. It also stems from that graphic reason I mentioned above.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.   I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts. Empty

Back to top Go down

I Suppose This Would Be a Support Thread of Sorts.
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next