The Warriors Club Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to our warriors club website, thanks for stopping by!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesBarilinium: Book One: The Beginning  Wcwi10RegisterLog in

Barilinium: Book One: The Beginning

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Silverrose
Senior Warrior
Silverrose

Barilinium: Book One: The Beginning  Empty
PostSubject: Barilinium: Book One: The Beginning    Barilinium: Book One: The Beginning  EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:24 pm

Barilinium:Book One: The Beginnning

BOOK ONE

One Government, One Forbidden Love, And One Girl Who Saves Them All

Taylor lives in a country that is perfect. Everyone is fed, everyone is clothed, everyone is educated, and everyone is content, and hidden form the frightening truth. Taylor, one average 16 year old girl, is getting ready to be assigned to her partner, and then receive a family. These people, are people she has never met. She doesn't have a problem with this, until her meets someone who she truly loves. Affection is not aloud here, so how will their love survive? This is not even the biggest problem. When Taylor discovers a hidden library, and enters one mysterious door, her life, and the country of Barilinium will never be the same. For better, or for worse.

PROLOGUE[/center]
My nose brushes the cold marble stone. This is the end, I think. The room is large, white, blinding lights shine above us, and the smell of paint is almost unbearable. My knees begin to burn as they sit on the white marble flooring. I lay in a bowing position, everyone I know is. We are bowing for our supreme leader, Sir Mortality. Sweat is seeping down my forehead, my arms ready to give out. My name is Taylor 154654. I live in the country of Barilinium. I am one out of thousands. I have a family. We are not all related, but assigned by our government, the Palium. Right now, we are bowing and silently preparing for our execution. We all form a large triangle. I am at the top, right in form of Sir Mortaility's ginormous, red leather throne. They want me gone first. I discovered something that was never meant for me to see. I found the hidden truth. And now, everyone is going to pay. Starting, with me, the small kindle of fire that was the one and only hope for movement.

CHAPTER 1
Today is a normal, October day. The wind rustles outside out house, causing my little brother William to cry out in fear. I try to settle him with all my knowledge from 'How to take care of young children' class. I am 15, and next month I will be 16. I will also be given a partner. Once I am 20, I will be given a child, chosen from the government. I have to take classes to prepare for this new change. Part of me is excited, the other half terrified. What if I am not a good partner? Mother tells me to not worry, as that the government will take care of everything. I know that, we are told five bazillion times a day. "The Government will handle it. The Government will handle it." But as annoying as it is, it is true. They support our country. I have no need to worry, or have a fear in the world. But sometimes I do, secretly. I hear a loud bang at our door, and I walk over to open it. The tall man in a black suit and white hat holds a silver tray. Our evening meal. Turkey and potatoes. My personal favorite dish. I step aside and let him walk in. Every house is the same. One big room, four beds, a dining table, a study table, a shelf containing the Books of Rules (other books are forbidden), a simple couch, and a TV only used for important announcements. The food is set on the table, and at once my Mother, Father, Brother and me walk to the table. We sit and as usual, say our blessing in front of the guard, as it is a rule. "I am forever thankful for our kind President Mortality for providing this food. I am thankful for my country Barlinium and for the Palium. This food will be eaten, and this food will not be wasted. All hail Barlinium." And then we eat.

Last edited by Silverrose on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:19 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Silverrose
Senior Warrior
Silverrose

PostSubject: Re: Barilinium: Book One: The Beginning    Barilinium: Book One: The Beginning  EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:46 pm

First chapter added!
Back to top Go down
Crystalstream
Warrior
Crystalstream

PostSubject: Re: Barilinium: Book One: The Beginning    Barilinium: Book One: The Beginning  EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 9:14 pm

That's really good, Silvers! I really want to read more!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barilinium: Book One: The Beginning    Barilinium: Book One: The Beginning  Empty

Back to top Go down

Barilinium: Book One: The Beginning
Page 1 of 1