The Warriors Club Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to our warriors club website, thanks for stopping by!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesChildhood Goes So Fast Wcwi10RegisterLog in

Childhood Goes So Fast

Go down 
+5
Blossomberry
Phoenixflame
Swirlstar
Meadoweh
Silverrose
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Silverrose
Senior Warrior
Silverrose

Childhood Goes So Fast Empty
PostSubject: Childhood Goes So Fast   Childhood Goes So Fast EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Posted to WI

Recently, I have been looking back at all the things I grew up with. No, I am not what you call 'old', but I am to the point that everything I grew up with has either gone away entirely or changed drastically, and to me that is almost the same.

It has been such a great time, looking back at all the toys I used to play with, the movies I would watch, the songs I used to love, and more. Life goes by so slow when your young, but as you get older you start to feel like life goes by so fast it is hard to keep up. It makes me cry just knowing the things I loved are gone, and some even forgotten.

People say that the things you grew up with seem more special only because you grew up with them, but I feel my days as a young child were really special. Now a days, kids who are in kindergarten are looking for Wifi for their iPhone, when back then all I would look for was a nice simple Barbie doll to play with.

Some of my favorite things I grew up with were the Barbie movies and barbie dolls. I feel it safe to say I still watch the original Barbie movies from time to time

What are some of your favorite childhood toys and movies?

So to conclude, life goes by fast, and I wish I could stay a child forever. But life goes on, and I am just so happy to have the memories I have, even if it is a bit painful knowing I will never be able to do those things again. Everything changes, fun things, happy things, they all eventually change. But can you come to have times like you did when you were young? You just have to go find more things to make memories of. <3

-'Don't cry because it ended, smile because it happened'
Meadoweh

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Goes So Fast   Childhood Goes So Fast EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 6:40 pm

*finally glad to have found another sentimental freak* Yay, someone else is just like me!

Anyways, I loved the Polly Pockets and Barbies and horse figures <3 That's all I did allll daaaaay loooong. and reading. I can't remember any of the books I read though lol. The Magic tree house is one that I do remember though, anyone read those?
Back to top Go down
Swirlstar
Leader
Swirlstar

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Goes So Fast   Childhood Goes So Fast EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 6:52 pm

I missed the sweet days of childhood. :c

I played with Polly Pockets, Barbies, My Little Ponies [Generation 3, not 4 xP] and model horses.
I read Magic Tree House, Meadow! : D
Back to top Go down
Phoenixflame
Warrior
Phoenixflame

Location : According to the site's IP map, the side of the road.

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Goes So Fast   Childhood Goes So Fast EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 8:42 pm

Bah, everything about this post is so true. ;-;

Anyways, I used to play with Polly Pockets (I used to make my mom organize all of the tiny rubber shoes. xD), LPS (I was obsessed.. I think I bought one every other day. I had about four hundred of those bobble-headed suckers. @~@), Webkinz (again, I was obsessed. Rolling Eyes I even had a dorky webkinz-themed party for my 7th birthday. xD), Barbies, MLP's (3rd or 2nd gen I think.), and a bunch of other toys.
..I liked toys.
Back to top Go down
Meadoweh
Senior Warrior
Meadoweh

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Goes So Fast   Childhood Goes So Fast EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 7:17 pm

Phoenixflame wrote:
Bah, everything about this post is so true. ;-;

Anyways, I used to play with Polly Pockets (I used to make my mom organize all of the tiny rubber shoes. xD), LPS (I was obsessed.. I think I bought one every other day. I had about four hundred of those bobble-headed suckers. @~@), Webkinz (again, I was obsessed. Rolling Eyes I even had a dorky webkinz-themed party for my 7th birthday. xD), Barbies, MLP's (3rd or 2nd gen I think.), and a bunch of other toys.
..I liked toys.

Lol I totally organized the little rubber shoes xD AND LPS I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THEM <3 I loved everything everyone has said so far...I loved toys ._.

My Grandma had the 1st Gen MLP at her house with the castle and everything @_@ It was so epic...And then I think I had the 3rd Gen....I hate the 4th Gen those are so sad lookin :p
Back to top Go down
Blossomberry
Warrior
Blossomberry

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Goes So Fast   Childhood Goes So Fast EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 7:41 pm

Oh my. I loved my polly pockets and stuffed animals <3
They were so much fun!

Last edited by Blossomberry on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crystalstream
Warrior
Crystalstream

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Goes So Fast   Childhood Goes So Fast EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 10:08 pm

I don't feel alone anymore... (:

But, yes, I look back at my childhood and a rush of good memories comes back to me.

My absolute favorite toy when I was young was the Littlest Pet Shops (bobble-heads for the win!) I used to huddle in my little room with all of my LPS houses surrounding me, and I would stay entertained for hours on end! Once, I thought it would be cool to paint them with my new sparkly nail polish (bad idea) and it was fun until I realized the nail polish didn't come off. So, a lot of them were sparkly. I always had my money with me when we went shopping in hopes to buy a new pet or house. I still have all of my LPS to this day, and I'll probably keep them, because they mean so much to me.

Webkinz came in a close second. (I feel their shiny plastic eyes boring into my soul as I type this) I started collecting them in 3rd grade, and that was the only thing I wanted, along with LPS. I used to bring them camping with me, to friends house, and pretty much anywhere outside my home. I used to play school with them (I was the teacher) and have fashion contests with my brother and his Webkinz. I slept with one every night, and every one so one wouldn't feel left out. *sigh* I miss those good times.

I played with Polly Pockets a little bit, but I always seemed to loose the clothing and shoes. I was a very unorganized child. Also, I never really played with MLP or Barbies, though I do have one MLP (It is covered in felt. I got it years ago at a Yard Sale. Someone covered MLPs with felt and sold them for a profit.) and 4 Barbies, which now don't have any heads...

As I type this, tears form in my eyes because I miss those good ol' times at a child. I wish I could go back and relive them...
Back to top Go down
Meadoweh
Senior Warrior
Meadoweh

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Goes So Fast   Childhood Goes So Fast EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 12:45 pm

Crystalstream wrote:
I don't feel alone anymore... (:

But, yes, I look back at my childhood and a rush of good memories comes back to me.

My absolute favorite toy when I was young was the Littlest Pet Shops (bobble-heads for the win!) I used to huddle in my little room with all of my LPS houses surrounding me, and I would stay entertained for hours on end! Once, I thought it would be cool to paint them with my new sparkly nail polish (bad idea) and it was fun until I realized the nail polish didn't come off. So, a lot of them were sparkly. I always had my money with me when we went shopping in hopes to buy a new pet or house. I still have all of my LPS to this day, and I'll probably keep them, because they mean so much to me.

Webkinz came in a close second. (I feel their shiny plastic eyes boring into my soul as I type this) I started collecting them in 3rd grade, and that was the only thing I wanted, along with LPS. I used to bring them camping with me, to friends house, and pretty much anywhere outside my home. I used to play school with them (I was the teacher) and have fashion contests with my brother and his Webkinz. I slept with one every night, and every one so one wouldn't feel left out. *sigh* I miss those good times.

I played with Polly Pockets a little bit, but I always seemed to loose the clothing and shoes. I was a very unorganized child. Also, I never really played with MLP or Barbies, though I do have one MLP (It is covered in felt. I got it years ago at a Yard Sale. Someone covered MLPs with felt and sold them for a profit.) and 4 Barbies, which now don't have any heads...

As I type this, tears form in my eyes because I miss those good ol' times at a child. I wish I could go back and relive them...

Gosh, I wasn't the only one with the strange Webkinz fetish that they can't be left out O_O High five gurl xD I also painted some of my MLP with sparkly nail polish.....We have so much in common its weird lol.
Back to top Go down
Phoenixflame
Warrior
Phoenixflame

Location : According to the site's IP map, the side of the road.

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Goes So Fast   Childhood Goes So Fast EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:01 pm

Omg, I used to paint my LPS with nail polish too. xD
Oh, and I'd make my mom paint my Polly Pocket's tiny nails. xDD
Back to top Go down
Swirlstar
Leader
Swirlstar

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Goes So Fast   Childhood Goes So Fast EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:37 pm

Do you remember the rocket ship, racing horse, etc. rides that they used to have outside stores? : D
Our parents would never pay for them, but me and my siblings would pretend to ride them.
Back to top Go down
Crystalstream
Warrior
Crystalstream

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Goes So Fast   Childhood Goes So Fast EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 8:44 pm

Meadow: *high fives Meadoweh* We were just awesome kids!!! It is a little weird that we have so much in common, but awesome at the same time! (:

Looks like I'm not the only one that painted LPS then!!

Pheo: Haha, if I would've asked my mom to paint the Polly Pocket's nails, she would run away faster than a cheetah (or WindClan cat)!

Swirls: My parents were the same way. They didn't want to spend their money on something stupid. There was this little horse carousel outside a one store and my brother and I would always sit on one of the horses until my parents made us get off!
Back to top Go down
Echostar
Leader
Echostar

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Goes So Fast   Childhood Goes So Fast EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 9:56 pm

Swirleh, I remember that! My parents were the same way, so I would get on them and shake them and go all "wee!" and then a couple times I got kicked out because shop workers and such would think that I was breaking them. xD
Back to top Go down
Meadoweh
Senior Warrior
Meadoweh

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Goes So Fast   Childhood Goes So Fast EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 2:57 pm

Oh my gosh yes I allllwaaaaays wanted to ride them, but when I was with my mom she wouldn't let me. My dad on the other hand, I could some times convince to him to pay for one xD
Back to top Go down
Swirlstar
Leader
Swirlstar

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Goes So Fast   Childhood Goes So Fast EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 2:05 pm

I'm glad I wasn't the only one. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Shimmerflight
Warrior
Shimmerflight

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Goes So Fast   Childhood Goes So Fast EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 9:55 pm

I guess I kinda remember childhood...
I loved My Little Pony (I still do now), barbie and Webkinz.
Back to top Go down
Zelda Hyrule
StarClan
Zelda Hyrule

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Goes So Fast   Childhood Goes So Fast EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 8:35 pm

Oh my goodness gracious.
This thread just made me feel so darn nostalgic right now.

I remember my childhood, all the good parts of it and the bad parts. Everything was so much more simple in terms of school, social interactions, and quite possibly life in general. I'm reminiscing like an old lady now... But I'm not *that* old yet. Yes you are, Zellie. You can DRIVE. Who're you kidding? By the way, your wrinkles are showing.

Anywho.~
Yay, memories<3
Back to top Go down
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/
Meadoweh
Senior Warrior
Meadoweh

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Goes So Fast   Childhood Goes So Fast EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:57 am

Zelda Hyrule wrote:
Oh my goodness gracious.
This thread just made me feel so darn nostalgic right now.

I remember my childhood, all the good parts of it and the bad parts. Everything was so much more simple in terms of school, social interactions, and quite possibly life in general. I'm reminiscing like an old lady now... But I'm not *that* old yet. Yes you are, Zellie. You can DRIVE. Who're you kidding? By the way, your wrinkles are showing.

Anywho.~
Yay, memories<3

OH MY GLOB YOU'RE ALIVE. *tackle hug*
Back to top Go down
Zelda Hyrule
StarClan
Zelda Hyrule

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Goes So Fast   Childhood Goes So Fast EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 11:17 pm

HAI DARLING.
IM ALIVE
BARELY
MAYBE

-has a thousand new gifs and stuffs-
-happy-
Back to top Go down
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Goes So Fast   Childhood Goes So Fast Empty

Back to top Go down