The Warriors Club Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to our warriors club website, thanks for stopping by!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesNew Club? {Voting Method Also} Wcwi10RegisterLog in

New Club? {Voting Method Also}

Go down 
+10
Redfeather
Goldy
Crystalstream
Whisperbreeze
Froststar
Blossomberry
Fawnwillow
Zelda Hyrule
Phoenixflame
Silverrose
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Silverrose
Senior Warrior
Silverrose

New Club? {Voting Method Also} Empty
PostSubject: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 2:32 pm

So I was thinking, it's a new year, and maybe it's time for a new club.

The club has well over 20,000 posts, and not only that but we have many new kits, paw's and warriors. 2 of the previous leaders are gone, and the club is not being as actively updated as it should.

Also, a new club might attract new members for Cloudclan.

All the leaders are fairly active at the moment so I think we should create a new club.

I dont expect all of you to agree, and I'm not saying its going to happen. But I think we should look into it.

MY VOTING METHOD IDEA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alright so if we do vote (I personally think it is a good idea) then I came up with a fair way to do so.

1. All the leaders write a short, to the point paragraph stating why the deserve to be owner, what they would do to improve it, if the would be active, etc.

2. Each one is randomly numbered by Rose, and and a poll is created.

3. The poll would only have the options of 1,2,3,4. No names. All the leaders posts become and stay anonymous.

4. Voting starts on a certain day, and ends on another.

5. Rose sees how many votes are for each paragraph, and then announce who got the position.

See, no one would know. And to keep it even more fair, the leaders can not see the votes (does not have the permission to see a forum folder) so they can not bribe anyone to vote for them. This being said any leader who sends there paragraph to any voter, is disqualified, no matter how many votes.

What do you think?

RULES FOR OWNERS SUGGESTION:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was thinking, with the help of a few others, that each owner has 'terms'. Most of you are familiar with how the U.S.A votes, and I think something similar is a good idea.

1. I think each owner should get maybe 2 terms (how long a term is could be discussed),

2. When the owner's term end, they club has a vote if he/she should stay as owner. If voted to stay, they get another term. This goes on until the owner is voted out of position. If voted no, then the voting process starts again.

3. In the rules, the term rules should be clearly stated, so if an owner gets upset and refuses to leave, then we can possibly show the mods that they are breaking club rules. This could help our defense greatly.

~~~~~

Also, who would be in the poll? Leaders only?

Last edited by Silverrose on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Phoenixflame
Warrior
Phoenixflame

Location : According to the site's IP map, the side of the road.

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 4:20 pm

Well, normally I would disagree on this idea, but honestly, I have to agree.
I had made a WC new year's resolution to myself. And what was that, you may ask? It was that we all came together and cooperated like we should, like we used to.
And now that I think of it, a new club would probably do that.
Back to top Go down
Zelda Hyrule
StarClan
Zelda Hyrule

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Oh boy.

I get that you all want a new club, and personally, I do as well. It's something that's been rotting on my to-do list for a long while now, actually.
And yet, I cannot keep up with juggling my real life and the updating responsibilities of a new club. Therefore, I shall assign someone to make the club since I'm too busy to do so. Who will get that responsibility?
I haven't decided yet.
But once I do, you'll be notified. I'm still going to be around and I'm not going anywhere, but someone else needs to make the club since I'm unable to.
'Kay? :3
Back to top Go down
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/
Fawnwillow
Deputy
Fawnwillow

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 5:12 pm

So a new owner? Do you think we could have a poll to vote, so we all get a say? Perhaps the four leaders as candidates?
Back to top Go down
Blossomberry
Warrior
Blossomberry

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 5:34 pm

I think what fawny said, sounds good. But then again.....we might end up having that one leader sound more important than the others.
Back to top Go down
Silverrose
Senior Warrior
Silverrose

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 5:49 pm

My solution is we ask the 4 leaders if they want the chance to be owner. Lets say they all say yes.

Then we have a poll, to see who everyone wants as leader.

But my question is would that chosen leader then step down as clan leader and become club leader? Would they still be leader of that clan, or would a new leader be chosen for the clan that the owner came from?

If so, then the deputy (all are active except for cloudclan and rainclan) becomes leader of the clan the owner came from.

Then it's all settled.
Back to top Go down
Froststar
Leader
Froststar

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 6:30 pm

The only problem with a poll is popularity.. I'm afraid the person who everyone "absolutely loves" and is "the coolest leader ever!!!!!!!!1!!" will win... We need to look past popularity and see who will actually update the front and be on often.

If that sounds confusing, let's have an example. (made up names so that no ones feelings will be hurt.)

Let's say Treestar and Pondstar both want to be owner. Let's say that Treestar has the most members in his clan. He's very popular, but he almost NEVER comes on. Let's also say that Waterstar is a less popular leader. People like her, but shes not as popular as Treestar. But, she is the best choice - she's active, very nice, and would update the front regularly. But, since Treestar is the most popular leader he will most likely be picked, even though Pondstar is the best choice for the position.

See what I mean? ^^"
Back to top Go down
Whisperbreeze
Warrior
Whisperbreeze

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 7:56 pm

I think that there needs to be a new club. It's probably really confusing for the new members since a lot of the names and posts on the front page aren't accurate. I don't know about an owner or anything, but that's not really up to me anyway. As long as there's a new club, I'll be happy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Crystalstream
Warrior
Crystalstream

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 8:15 pm

I think this is a good idea. Like you said, it may attract more members towards CloudClan! Also, there are new leaders now. Plus, if you look at the members list, there are a lot of members who are never on.
I like the idea of voting for which Clan leader would be the club leader, and like Frostlily said, we would have to think twice before voting. Just because one leader is AWESOME and VERY POPULAR doesn't mean they are the best for the job. The club leader would probebly have to step down, having so many responsibilities. But, this would be hard for the clans that don't have many members (like CC) or don't have a deputy chosen.
Yeah. So, I've pretty much said things that everyone else has said already, but I do like this idea of a new club site. I may not've been on here for long, but
I'M IN!
Back to top Go down
Fawnwillow
Deputy
Fawnwillow

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:07 pm

I guess we're just going to have to hope people vote for the right reasons (which, sadly, is unlikely...). Do we nominate all four leaders? Or have like a 'pre-pole' just to make sure?
Back to top Go down
Goldy
Senior Warrior
Goldy

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:58 pm

I support this idea. A new year seems like a good time to make a fresh start to the club. ^^

About ownership... I would love to own the new club, but not because I want club power or a higher rank. I know that I would update as often as necessary, as I go on the club daily. I feel that I would make a good owner as I would make necessary rules and requirements on the front page and try to enforce firmly. This would most likely bring the club members closer and the club would become a more peaceful place.

However, I don't want it to appear that I have more power over the other leaders. Here's what I think the format would look like on the club-

Owner
Swirlstar's post [CC first, all members see it before choosing their clan]
Cheetahstar's post [LC is an older Clan, so it should come first C:]
My [Goldstar's] post [Just using the same format as the current club, SC was third]
Echostar's post [Same as above]

I don't really think that the nominated leader should step down from leadership to become the club owner. This might discourage activity of the new owner, and the leaders might not even want to own the club. : P

I think a poll would be a good idea. All of the leaders who are interesting in becoming club owner could kind of co-own the poll, and each post would maybe have a paragraph describing how they would improve the club. The other members would vote on which leader they think would do the best job. That way it wouldn't be just based on popularity or Clan.
Back to top Go down
Froststar
Leader
Froststar

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:46 pm

I still don't think we should have a poll... even if the leaders did put why they would be good owners, everyone would probably not even bother reading it and just pick their leader or the "coolest" leader.
Back to top Go down
Redfeather
Warrior
Redfeather

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:53 pm

Frostlily wrote:
I still don't think we should have a poll... even if the leaders did put why they would be good owners, everyone would probably not even bother reading it and just pick their leader or the "coolest" leader.
Yeah I agree with that. We don't want to end up with an inactive thread owner.
Back to top Go down
http://googlesclub.forumotion.com
Goldy
Senior Warrior
Goldy

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 3:57 pm

Then what do you think we should do?
Back to top Go down
Silverrose
Senior Warrior
Silverrose

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 5:13 pm

MY VOTING METHOD IDEA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alright so if we do vote (I personally think it is a good idea) then I came up with a fair way to do so.

1. All the leaders write a short, to the point paragraph stating why the deserve to be owner, what they would do to improve it, if the would be active, etc.

2. Each one is randomly numbered by Rose, and and a poll is created.

3. The poll would only have the options of 1,2,3,4. No names. All the leaders posts become and stay anonymous.

4. Voting starts on a certain day, and ends on another.

5. Rose sees how many votes are for each paragraph, and then announce who got the position.

See, no one would know. And to keep it even more fair, the leaders can not see the votes (does not have the permission to see a forum folder) so they can not bribe anyone to vote for them. This being said any leader who sends there paragraph to any voter, is disqualified, no matter how many votes.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Fawnwillow
Deputy
Fawnwillow

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 5:15 pm

We all need to think hard about who we choose... What Frosty means is that we can't just blindly choose. We have to realize what our choice means, and as there aren't very many of us voting, each vote matters more than it normally would.
Back to top Go down
Silverrose
Senior Warrior
Silverrose

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 5:46 pm

I do hope people realize what a big deal each vote means to the outcome. Like you said Fawny.
Back to top Go down
Whisperbreeze
Warrior
Whisperbreeze

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 5:56 pm

I really like the ideas Silverrose. Smile I hope we can use them.
Back to top Go down
Goldy
Senior Warrior
Goldy

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 6:05 pm

I like your ideas, Silver C:
Back to top Go down
Silverrose
Senior Warrior
Silverrose

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 8:02 pm

I'm glad my idea appeals to you all ^^
Back to top Go down
Meadoweh
Senior Warrior
Meadoweh

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 11:44 pm

I support this idea.....Good thinking Silverrose <3
Back to top Go down
Swirlstar
Leader
Swirlstar

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 10:23 am

While I think your idea is good, I still don't support voting.
[I really think Roseh should be the one deciding who becomes next owner, but I'm pretty sure that's just me.]
Back to top Go down
Fawnwillow
Deputy
Fawnwillow

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:49 pm

But then we would all have a choice in who it was... We all just want input, because it's almost like a dictatorship nowadays. None of us get any say at all, not even leaders and deputies.
Back to top Go down
Meadoweh
Senior Warrior
Meadoweh

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 2:17 pm

^yes...I would like to have my input heard. I think a poll is the best way....
Back to top Go down
Goldy
Senior Warrior
Goldy

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 3:41 pm

I think a poll would be best, since the members need an input and I'd like to give them that. C:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Club? {Voting Method Also}   New Club? {Voting Method Also} Empty

Back to top Go down

New Club? {Voting Method Also}
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next