The Warriors Club Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to our warriors club website, thanks for stopping by!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesYou Are More [One-Shot, Song Based] Wcwi10RegisterLog in

You Are More [One-Shot, Song Based]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zelda Hyrule
StarClan
Zelda Hyrule

You Are More [One-Shot, Song Based] Empty
PostSubject: You Are More [One-Shot, Song Based]   You Are More [One-Shot, Song Based] EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 1:56 am

There's a girl in the corner with tear stains on her eyes.

It's been so long ago that I last woke up not think about you. It's like you've dominated my mind as well as my life... But I'm not fighting this sudden rise to power that you've done.

From the places she's wandered and the shame she can't hide.

I gingerly place a hesitant hand over my torso, unwilling to actually let myself settle my hand on my middle like I originally intended. Too painful. Too fresh. Too early. It's like an exhibit in an art museum: tempting to touch, but doing so will bring me woe.

She says "How did I get here? I'm not who I once was."

Even though it's been years since you left me, I feel your prescence. The entire idea that this series of events had actually happened is still pretty far-fetched if looked at from a realistic point of view, but at the same time... It's not.

"And I'm crippled by the fear that I've fallen too far to love."

You're reflected on every face I see and every sound I hear, from the giggling and slurred speech of an infant, to the delighted laughter of a nearby couple. Can't you just leave me alone? It was seemingly simple enough for you to leave me in the mess I'm in right now.

But don't you know who you are, and what's been done for you?

... What am I saying? You weren't the one to blame for this.
I slowly sigh and turn my gaze skyward to my ceiling, regretting my harsh thoughts moments before. How could I have pinned the blame on someone as innocent as you were? What kind of person am I?

You are more than the choices that you've made.

Now I walk forward, out of the front door of my house and into the lush green landscape outside. Now that I think of it, life is like the seasons... Ever changing and sometimes unpredictable, but though the winters can be long and the summers be unbearable, spring and fall even out the damage and reflect the good in life.
Look at me, being at philosophical.

You are more than the sum of your past mistakes.

Delving deeper into that theory, it stands to reason that each season goes on and runs its course, then fades away to let another season go into motion and fulfill its purpose. Sometimes the happiness that spring represents has to give way to the dangerous and somewhat painful heat of summer, but in the same token, that same summer has to cool down some time and let the Earth rest... Which brings fall into the equation.
Now I'm just getting off-topic with my thoughts. But reflecting on my little spontaneous life :: seasons analogy makes me realize something.

You are more than the problems you create...

Just like life, I have changed ever since you left my life. At times I'm dark and unrelenting, and other times I'm just as bright - if not brighter - than the sun's radiance. My point being that just because that one incident happened so long ago... Just because you left to never return to me... That doesn't put me at fault. I'm not perfect, but this whole situation has made me stronger whether I admit it or not. I won't let the past drag me down. Does that mean I'll forget you? Never. But it means I'll live on as you would want me to. Just as the Earth does after a long, cold, unforgiving winter... There has to be a springtime at some point.
And I'm making that time be now.

... You've been remade.

Lyrics = Italtics
My Rambling = Normal Text.
Song "You Are More" copyrighted to Tenth Avenue North.
Back to top Go down
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/

You Are More [One-Shot, Song Based]
Page 1 of 1